Does Your Chimney in Beavercreek Need a New Crown, Cap or Chase Cover? Call in Mid-Valley Chimney Repair & Sweep LLC
The largest county in Greene County, it’s no surprise that Beavercreek has so much to offer those who reside there. If it’s a nice day and you’re looking to explore the outdoors, try Rotary Park, Shoup Park, or one of the city’s many other parks or biking trails. If you’re looking for food and shopping options, you’ll find plenty. Looking to run a few errands? There’s a post office, library, grocery stores, and anything else you might need.
And if you need chimney and fireplace repairs or services? Then, turn to us. Knowing the ins and outs of chimney anatomy is no easy feat, which is likely why the Chimney Safety Institute of America (CSIA) implements such a lengthy exam process into their certification process. Fortunately for families in Montgomery County and more, our sweeps are knowledgeable in it all, and we’d be happy to help.
Today’s focus? Crowns, caps, and chase covers…
Chase Covers, Chimney Crowns & Chimney Caps… What’s the Difference?
Chase covers, chimney crowns, and chimney caps are all associated with leak prevention, and they all sit at the top of your chimney, which can make it hard to distinguish between the three if you’re not an experienced chimney sweep. We’re here to go over each and – hopefully – clear things up a bit for you.
- Chimney Crowns: Think of your chimney crown as the roof of your chimney. It extends from the edge of your liner past the edge of your chimney, and it helps guide any rain, snow, and sleet from constantly sliding down your brickwork and mortar.
- Chase Covers: The chase cover is essentially the crown for prefab systems. Rather than being formed from concrete, though, these are (ideally) made from stainless steel or another reliable metal that works to keep water away from your liner and chimney chase.
- Chimney Caps: No matter the type of system you have – masonry or prefab – chimney caps are always a must. Crowns and chase covers don’t cover the entire top of the chimney, as this would block gases and smoke from escaping, so a cap needs to be placed on top to cover the rest of the flue opening.
Often these components aren’t built or installed correctly from the start. They need to be formed from reliable materials and custom-fitted to your system, so you get that top-quality protection you deserve. Whatever your crown, cap, or cover needs, we can help.
Can I DIY My Chimney Crown, Chase Cover, or Cap Repair/Replacement?
We do not encourage, endorse, or suggest this. Even if you live in a one story house, the roof tends to be a lot farther from the ground when you’re on top of it looking down – as opposed to the other way around. And what’s more, unless you’re trained with the correct information and are up to snuff on all codes, regulations, and general chimney and fireplace know-how, repairing or replacing components as crucial as a crown, chase cover, or chimney cap could end up costing you significantly more in the long run.
Save yourself the time, money, and stress and call us to come fix any necessary components. Dial 513-727-0994 or schedule an appointment online today and learn why homeowners across Montgomery County prefer to work with Mid-Valley Chimney.
We’ve already served your neighbors on Kemp Road, Grange Hall Road, Hanes Road, Shakertown Road, Fairfield Road, County Lane Road, Darst Road, Indian Ripple Road, Red Fox Drive, Pebble Creek Drive, Sunnyside Drive, North Drive, Windmill Drive, Highlander Drive, Stardust Drive, Knoll Drive, Shady Lane, Longview Street, Winthrop Drive, Granada Drive, Navara Drive, and more, so why not join them? Reach out now to get started.
Big or Small, We Can Handle It All
Whether you need a simple service, like a level 1 inspection, or something more exhaustive, like a chimney rebuild, we’ve got you covered. We’re happy to do everything possible to meet any and all of your chimney, fireplace, or venting needs. Give us a call to schedule any of the following:
- Chimney Inspections
- Chimney Sweeping
- Chimney Repairs
- Masonry Repairs
- Chimney Rebuilds
- Chimney Relining
- Chimney Leak Repair
- Custom Chimney Caps
- Chase Covers
- Crown Rebuilds
- Fireplace Facelifts
- Stoves & Fireplace Products
- Dryer Vent Cleaning
Why Are Certifications Important in the Chimney Industry?
It may surprise you to find out that the chimney industry is mostly unregulated throughout the United States. Dealing with chimneys involves knowing about fire safety, carbon monoxide exposure, potential gas leaks, and more. With something that delicate, it’s reasonable to expect there to be some sort of official regulations and requirements on the state or national level. Unfortunately, there isn’t.
What does this mean? It means that anyone can legally start up a chimney service company and call themselves a chimney sweep. Predictable consequences of this lack of checks and balances are a high frequency of chimney scams and subpar craftsmanship that cost homeowners a lot of money down the line.
The good news is that not every chimney professional is out to make a quick buck. Good technicians understand how important it is for homeowners to be able to trust whoever comes into their homes, and there are many companies out there committed to doing great work and advancing the industry. It’s just a matter of finding them.
How do I know if a chimney technician is qualified to help me?
Chimney professionals have banded together to start committees and organizations designed to hold ourselves and our colleagues accountable. This ensures that we’re pushing ourselves to innovate chimney techniques and deliver the best possible experience to homeowners.
The National Chimney Sweep Guild (NCSG) and the Chimney Safety Institute of America (CSIA) are just two of many nonprofit organizations founded by a board of volunteer chimney professionals to establish a set of guidelines and best practices. Look for these credentials any time you hire, so you can rest easier knowing you’re in the best hands possible.
Mid-Valley Chimney Is a Certified & Award-Winning Industry Leader
When you hire Mid-Valley Chimney, you can rest assured that you’re getting chimney technicians that are certified, knowledgeable, and among the very best in their field. The safety of your home and family is at the forefront of what we do. We’re proud to be members of or certified through the following organizations:
- Chimney Safety Institute of America (CSIA)-Certified: The CSIA is a nonprofit organization governed by a volunteer board of directors committed to the education, training, and certification of chimney and industry-related professionals.
- National Chimney Sweep Guild (NCSG) Members: The NCSG is a nonprofit trade association for chimney sweeps and chimney and venting manufacturers in the United States and Canada. It is a network of professionals dedicated to offering tools of support and knowledge. The NCSG provides industry-leading education and certification programs to its members.
- Angi Leads Members: Angi Leads is built upon a reliable network of service professionals with a proven track record for exceptional work. The network finds, matches, qualifies, and connects customers experiencing home service needs with the right local service professional for the job.
- Super Service Award Recipients: This award recognizes the best home professionals and businesses in the Angi network for their hard work, dedication, and commitment to providing Angi customers with a great experience.
- Home Advisor Award Recipients: Winners of the Home Advisor Awards are among the highest-rated service professionals in the HomeAdvisor network with verifiable, positive reviews.
- Better Business Bureau (BBB)-Accredited: The BBB is a private, nonprofit organization that focuses on promoting marketplace trust and resolving disputes between businesses and consumers. As a third party, it is meant to be a neutral observer for businesses and customers.
We Follow Through From Beginning to End
From the first time we talk with you to the very end of your service, we’ll communicate clearly and keep you in the loop. Homeowners in Pasadena, Beverly Gardens, Hearthstone, Washington Mills, Hampstead, Beavertown, Springboro, and more have been trusting us for years, and we’d love to help you out too.
Call us at 513-727-0994 today! Or if reaching out online works better for you, we’ve got a form for that, too. We look forward to hearing from you soon.