Have a Chimney in Oxford? Talk With Mid-Valley Chimney Repair & Sweep LLC About HeatShield®
You’re in Oxford, and you’re looking for a way to enjoy the beautiful weather that’s shown up for the day. Well, there are lots of options. Visit one of the city’s many great parks, check out a local pub or restaurant, or simply enjoy the city’s sights as you run errands, mail letters, and pick up that library book you have on hold.
Sounds like a great day any way you go about it, huh? Except for when the downpour starts or cold winds start swooping through. Then, it’s time to head home, cozy up inside, and start up the fireplace. Whether you own a gas or wood-fueled system, stove or insert, we’re here to help with it all.
If you need fireplace care or relining services in Oxford or anywhere else in our service area, be sure to turn to Mid-Valley for the quality care you deserve.
What Is HeatShield®?
In terms of relining, HeatShield® is a great option for our customers in Oxford, Ogleton, Contreras, Mixersville, Darrtown, Jericho, Reily, McGonigle, College Corner, Talawanda Springs, Raymond, Indian Hill, Springboro, Beavercreek, Troy, or anywhere else in the many counties we serve.
HeatShield® is a liner repair process that can restore your clay tile flue liner so that it functions like new again. There are three options to choose from – the Joint Repair System, the Resurfacing System, or a CeCure® Sleeve Relining System. Our crew would be happy to discuss which would be best for your setup and needs! Schedule your chimney inspection today to get started.
The Facts on HeatShield® Resurfacing
Why is HeatShield® so trusted throughout the industry? Well, here are some of the reasons:
- HeatShield® was developed over two decades ago, so rest assured it stands the test of time.
- HeatShield® can withstand water and moisture, corrosive flue gases, and temperatures up to 2900 degrees F. That’s some quality protection.
- HeatShield® works with all fuel types, so no stressing about your chimney breaking down if you switch things up down the line.
- HeatShield® has been thoroughly tested to ensure it’s a safe and effective method for homeowners.
- Considered a “Super-Duty” refractory mortar, it surpasses the National Fire Protection Association’s (NFPA) requirement for “Medium-Duty” status.
- HeatShield® is made from recycled and natural materials, making it quite eco-friendly.
- HeatShield® is covered by a limited lifetime warranty.
- Not just anyone can become a HeatShield® installer. They have to be selected and approved based on credentials and experience.
Still have questions? Please reach out – we’d love to answer anything that’s on your mind.
For Chimney & Venting Care, Turn to Us
Our service list is exhaustive, so don’t hesitate to call us in for the following:
- Chimney Inspections
- Chimney Sweeping
- Chimney Repairs
- Masonry Repairs
- Chimney Rebuilds
- Chimney Relining
- Chimney Leak Repair
- Custom Chimney Caps
- Chase Covers
- Crown Rebuilds
- Fireplace Facelifts
- Stoves & Fireplace Products
- Dryer Vent Cleanings
Need a New Fireplace, Stove, or Insert?
Now, new liner installs, chimney rebuilds, leak repairs, and everything else we offer that addresses damage to current systems are all important services. But what about the homeowner who doesn’t have a system in place at all? Well, for these customers, we offer the following quality products:
- Freestanding stoves
- Gas fireplaces
- Gas inserts
- Gas stoves
- Wood-burning fireplaces
- Wood-burning inserts
- Wood stoves
What Are the Benefits of Adding a New Fireplace to Your Home?
Ready to take the plunge and get your new system added? Or are you still on the fence? Perhaps these next few perks of fireplace ownership will sway you.
- A fireplace improves your home’s ambience. We all love the idea of settling in with a good book with the crackling sound of an open fire in the background after a long day. The smell of firewood wafting through the air as you sip your hot cocoa – it’s the ultimate dream. Fireplaces are known for their relaxing and stress-relieving effect. They’re also perfect centerpieces for gatherings. You can make your holidays more festive by bringing everyone together around the fire as the snow falls, and if you like to host dinner parties, imagine all of the stories you and your friends can tell by the hearth.
- A fireplace adds to your home decor and ambiance. Do you walk into your family room or den and it just feels bland? A fireplace can be a striking focal point in any room. You can take your living area from drab and colorless to the center of your family’s life by adding a stunning stone fireplace. If stone or brick isn’t your cup of tea, go with more modern options, like a metal fireplace or one with intricate tile work. Regardless of the route you take, your new setup is sure to make a statement.
- A fireplace increases your property value. By adding a fireplace to your house, you can increase your home’s value significantly. Who doesn’t have an efficient and great-looking heat source on their home wish list? That value can fluctuate based on the chimney’s condition, though, so be sure to keep up with repairs and annual inspections. You may not be thinking of selling at the moment, but it’s something to keep in mind for the future.
- A fireplace offers a backup heat source. Don’t get caught off guard by a bad storm. Weather can get ugly sometimes, taking down trees and power lines in the process. If your home has an electricity-based heating system, your family’s warmth can be at the whim of a strong gust of wind. Even when you know it’s coming, a big snow event or blizzard can cause you a lot of stress as you try to prepare for it. With a fireplace, you can have peace of mind knowing you can keep yourself and your family comfortably cozy no matter what’s happening outside.
- A fireplace can be green-friendly. Contrary to popular belief, having a fireplace isn’t automatically bad for the environment. Some fireplace options, such as eco-friendly wood stoves or clean-burning gas fireplaces, produce fewer emissions and have a lower environmental impact compared to older, less efficient models. Building a new fireplace allows you to make choices that suit your lifestyle and there is an assortment of options available for families with a green focus
Frequently Asked Questions
Still not sure? Let’s address some FAQs to put your mind at ease…
Q: How much does it cost to add a fireplace?
A: The cost of adding a fireplace can vary depending on the materials you select, the location of the fireplace, and whether a gas line needs to be installed or relocated. For these reasons, we don’t like to give an estimate right off the bat here on our site. That said, if you give us a call, we can have a chat about your vision and current setup, then get you on track to receiving an estimate.
Q: Is it hard to maintain a fireplace?
A: Fireplaces require regular maintenance and minor upkeep. That isn’t as intense as it sounds though. Scheduling annual inspections and sweepings – as recommended by the Chimney Safety Institute of America (CSIA) and the National Fire Protection Association (NFPA) – will help you stay on top of your fireplace care and catch concerns before they become problems.
Keep in mind that some system (like gas-fueled ones) will be lower maintenance, while others (like wood-burning options) tend to require more work. If you’re looking for something that doesn’t require much on your end, no worries – we’ve got lots of options.
Q: Should I Install a wood-burning, gas, or electric fireplace?
A: This depends on your family’s needs and preferences. If you would like to move away from electric heating, a gas fireplace is a good option. On the other hand, you may prefer the look and atmosphere of a traditional wood-burning fireplace.
We’ve Served Many Families Throughout Ohio
As a family-owned company that values respect and professionalism, hiring us is a no-brainer for folks on Fairfield Road, Contreras Road, Chestnut Street, Brookville Road, Beech Street, Locust Street, McGuffey Avenue, Main Street, Kehr Road, College Avenue, Elm Street, Poplar Street, Campus Avenue, University Avenue, Vine Street, Sycamore Street, Contreras Road, Ridge Avenue, Erin Drive, Melissa Drive, and more.
If you live in or somewhere close to West College Corner, Morning Sun, Bath, Bunker Hill, Somerville, Collinsville, or Newkirk, make us your trusted crew from here on out.
If you’re in need of chimney or fireplace care, call us at 513-727-0994 or request your estimate through our website today.