Does Your Chimney Need a Rebuild? Trust Our Certified & Experienced Sweeps
We always do everything possible to repair your chimney damages, but sometimes a quick (or even a lengthy) fix just doesn’t cut it. In these cases, a rebuild may be in order.
Now, rebuilds can sound intimidating and time-consuming, but rest assured we do everything possible to make the process as smooth and seamless as possible. We’ll also do what we can to work within your budget and to meet your specific needs and wishes.
Why Trust Our Experts?
Here’s the thing with chimney rebuilds… When done right, they can give you peace of mind for decades, knowing you’re using a system that’s working efficiently and not putting your home at risk. But all too often, homeowners quickly go for the crew with the cheapest offer, neglecting to look at their history, reviews, or credentials first.
For these folks, the upfront savings typically wind up costing them a lot more down the line. If rebuilds are not completed correctly from the get-go or if corners are cut to save time and expense, you’ll only end up facing more damage later on. And what could have been wrapped up nicely with one big job has now turned into multiple days of work and drained even more money from your bank account.
To avoid issues, be sure to hire a team that’s certified with the Chimney Safety Institute of America (CSIA), has good online reviews, and maintains a strong set of values and ethics – like us!
How Can I Protect My Chimney After a Rebuild?
If you’ve recently had a rebuild completed, then doing everything possible to protect your investment is a must. Here are some things we recommend…
- Annual Inspections: Investing in inspections every single year (ideally in the spring or summer before your burning season) is the most effective way to keep your system in good shape season after season. These overviews give your sweeps the opportunity to spot any hidden damage or buildup that might affect performance or weaken your system.
- Regular Sweepings: Should excess creosote or buildup be present, you’ll want to have a sweeping completed as soon as you can – and definitely before lighting any more fires. Creosote in your flue ups your chances of experiencing a chimney fire, and it affects the system’s ability to vent properly, too.
- Waterproofing: Once your masonry is restored, waterproofing will prevent it from soaking in moisture and breaking down again down the line. Trust our qualified crew to get it done right with vapor-permeable products.
- Chimney Cap Installation: Chimney caps play many roles in keeping your system running safer over time. Their main job is to keep out snow and rain, but they also block downdrafts, keep out animals and flying debris, and can serve as spark arrestors.
- Prompt Repair Work: If your sweep points out damage (or if you notice concerning spots on your own), the sooner you invest in repairs the better off you’ll be. The longer chimney decay and deterioration goes unaddressed, the worse it will get. Schedule repair work right away to avoid more expensive fixes down the line.
Ready to Get Started?
If you’re ready to start working with our experts, we’d love to speak with you soon. Give us a call at 513-727-0994 or request an estimate from us online today.